- This Non-Disclosure Policy ("Policy") outlines the commitment of the EdgeTX Project Steering Committee ("PSC") to maintain the confidentiality of any information provided to it.
- Confidential Information: Any data or information, oral or written, disclosed to the PSC, which is designated as confidential or should reasonably be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances surrounding disclosure.
- PSC: Refers to the EdgeTX Project Steering Committee.
- The purpose of this Policy is to ensure the protection of sensitive and proprietary information shared with the PSC in relation to the EdgeTX Project.
- This Policy applies to all past, present and future members of the PSC.
5. Confidentiality Obligations
The PSC commits to:
- Not disclose, reproduce, or use for any purpose other than the EdgeTX Project, any Confidential Information received from any party without express written consent from the disclosing party.
- Take all reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized disclosure or use of Confidential Information.
- Only share Confidential Information within the PSC on a "need-to-know" basis, with members bound by the same confidentiality obligations.
- This Policy does not cover information that is:
- Already known to the PSC at the time of disclosure.
- Publicly available or becomes publicly available other than through a breach of this Policy.
- Independently developed by the PSC without reference to the Confidential Information.
7. Handling of Confidential Information
- The PSC shall:
- Store all physical copies of Confidential Information in secure locations with restricted access.
- Store electronic Confidential Information only on secure and encrypted devices/networks.
- Dispose of Confidential Information in a secure and responsible manner when it is no longer required for the EdgeTX Project.
8. Reporting and Remedies
- Any suspected or actual breach of this Policy must be reported immediately to the Committee Chairman.
- Upon confirmation of a breach, appropriate corrective action will be taken, which may include disciplinary action, termination, or legal action.
9. Duration of Confidentiality Obligations
- The Committee's obligations under this Policy shall continue for a period of five years from the date of receipt of the Confidential Information.
- This Policy may be amended by the PSC at any time. Suppliers of Confidential Information will be notified of the changes in writing.
- By participating in the EdgeTX Project Steering Committee, PSC members acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agree to be bound by this Policy.